To motivate medical technologists to embrace a career in immunohematology
The authors will use proceeds from sales of this pocketbook to mentor
people in the joys of immunohematology as a career. They will accomplish
this through the Pocketbook Education Fund to:
- sponsor workshops, seminars, and lectures
- sponsor students at meetings
- provide copies of the pocketbook to those who cannot afford to purchase
- pay annual membership to a state or national blood transfusion organization
for one year
Please provide the following:
- Your first and last names
- Job title
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- e-mail address
- Copy of current CV or resume
How to apply for sponsorship to:
1. Host a workshop or seminar:
- Identify a group of high school students, college or university
students, or technologists who would like to host a workshop or seminar
- anywhere in the world.
- Write to Marion Reid (email@example.com)
or Christine Lomas-Francis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
giving location, number of participants anticipated (and names), possible
dates for a meeting (room) location, and topic(s) requested.
2. Attend a meeting related to Immunohematology and Transfusion Medicine:
- Write a 500-word essay on why you would like to be sponsored to
attend a meeting. Explain what you anticipate to gain from attending
the meeting and how you will apply the experience to further your
career. In addition, give name and location of meeting and a preliminary
3. Receive a free copy of the Pocketbook:
- Write a 300-word essay on why you want and deserve a free copy of
4. Receive membership to a state or national transfusion medicine
- Name the blood transfusion organization to which you would like
to be a member and provide the annual membership fee that applies
- Write a 300-word essay on why you would like to be a member of the
organization and what you expect to gain from being a member.
- Give your name
- Line spacing: 1.5
- Margins: 1 inch top, bottom and sides
- Font: Times Roman 12 or Arial 11 font
- Edit and proofread carefully
- Any references used should be cited, using the Transfusion format,
at the end of the report.
Note: You may receive some ideas and guidance from peers, supervisors,
literature, or other sources. However, writing, final editing, and
revisions of the report must be yours.
Eligibility for competition:
Open to any medical technologist who is interested in gaining knowledge
in transfusion medicine and in career development in this field.
Deadline for applications:
None. Apply any time.
Names are available upon request.